Announcements

Indie Snippets is currently closed to submissions.

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

From "Love Potions" by Michelle McCleod

“My name is Raven and this…” She thrust her companion in front of her, “Is Marion.”

“We’ve met,” Aidan said with a nod to Marion.

“Actually, we’re done meeting.” Marion finally twisted free of her friend’s grasp and glared at them both as she rubbed her arm.

“You were the one watching Marion on the dance floor, weren’t you?” Raven asked.

Aidan nodded. “There’s something unique about the way your friend dances.”

Raven laughed. “Yeah, it’s called sexual frustration.”

Marion gasped and hissed, “Raven.”

Raven ignored her. “You see, Marion’s my roommate and she never goes out. She sits at home and blows up love potions in ratty old sweat pants. I can’t take it anymore. She’s ruining my love life. Since you seem interested, I thought I’d facilitate a conversation.”

“I’m going to hex you the second we get home,” Marion said.

“I’ll double-hex you back,” Raven said with a sigh of exasperation.

“Are you looking for love?” Aidan asked, interrupting the two before their spat escalated.

“No.” But Marion wouldn’t meet his eyes when she said it. There was a troubled expression on her face that made him wonder what her previous romantic experiences had been like.

No comments:

Post a Comment